Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fajita Me Not

, , , , | Right | May 27, 2012

(I am working to-go service at a chain restaurant. Note that we’re three doors down from another similar chain restaurant that also has to-go service.)

Customer: “I’m here to pick up my to-go order.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. No one has placed a to-go order with me tonight. When exactly did you call and who did you talk to?”

Customer: *Irate* “I called ten minutes ago and I talked to you! I recognize your voice. Where is my to-go order?!”

Me: “Ma’am, my phone hasn’t rung once in two hours. Can you please let me know what you would like? I will have the kitchen rush make it for you.”

Customer: “I ordered the fajitas. I just talked to you ten minutes ago, where are my fajitas?!”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t have fajitas on the menu here.”

Customer: “Bull-s***! You have them! I ordered them from you ten minutes ago!”

Me: “Ma’am, are you sure you didn’t place your to-go order with [restaurant three doors down]? I know that they have fajitas and they also have to-go service.”

Customer: “No! I talked to you! Where are my fajitas?”

(This continues for another ten minutes until finally, I just pick up the phone and call the other restaurant.)

Me: *on the phone* “Do you have a to-go order under the name [Patron] for some fajitas?”

Other Restaurant: “Yes, we have her order right here. It has just been sitting here getting cold.”

Me: *To [Patron].* “Ma’am, [Restaurant three doors down] has an order under your name for some fajitas.”

Customer: “Well, I didn’t order from there. Are you guys pulling a prank on me? Just bring me my fajitas!”

Me: “No, ma’am, you placed your order with [Other Restaurant]. The only way you are going to get fajitas is if you go over there and pick them up.”

Customer: “Well, fine! But just know that I will never eat at this restaurant ever again!” *stomps out the door*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!