Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Failed The Phone Interview

| Working | December 8, 2014

(Each department in the hotel where I work offers a temporary management training position that, once you complete it, lets you transfer to a management position in any hotel in the chain with openings. One of my coworkers, who is known for being very childlike and constantly using his cell phone — which is not allowed — applied for the position.)

Coworker: “I didn’t get the management job.”

Me: *inaudibly* “I didn’t think you would.”

Coworker: “They should have given it to me! They gave it to somebody who doesn’t even work here! I already know this job! I told the general manager of the hotel in my interview that I could do my whole job while having a conversation on my phone at the same time!”

Me: “Wait a minute. You told the general manager that you’re on your phone while you’re supposed to be working?”

Coworker: *nodding enthusiastically and grinning* “Yeah!”

Me: “And you don’t know why you didn’t get the job?!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!