Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Failed At Delivering The Test

, , , , , | Working | October 26, 2017

(I am working with a recruiting agency to find a job. I’m not fond of my agent, as she usually does not respond in a timely fashion. She often gives me less than 24 hours notice on an interview. I’ve just received a job offer from a company I wish to work for. It is Thursday.)

Agent: *via email* “You’ve been offered [office job]. [Assistant] will send you the contract to sign by the end of the day, and you should go for drug testing by Friday, which someone at the job will send you the address to. Also, I’m out of town next week; call me if you need anything! Good luck!”

Me: *responding* “Dear Ms. [Last Name]: Thank you for your time. I await the contract. [My Name].”

(At this point, I keep a tab open on my browser and keep an eye on my mail to get it all sorted ASAP, but nothing comes. The next morning, Friday:)

Agent: “Just checking in on everything, and letting you know who to contact next week with anything. They are [Name] and [phone number].”

Me: *via email* Hello, Ms. [Last Name]. I never got the email for the contract I need to sign for [Company offering the job]. Could you give me the location of the office I need to go to for these tests? Thanks, [My Name].”

Agent: “You should get that email within a few hours, and your drug test may have to wait until Monday.”

(I’m not happy with this answer as I have to have all of this ready before I start the contracting job, which will not wait, and I have other appointments I need to do during that time, and also have to go to my part time job right now. Six hours later, at 1:00 pm, after I get off work, I get the contract, which is filled electronically. It scrambles my information when I send it back).

Contract Sender: *via email* “There was a problem with work history section. Please fix and send back.”

(It then lists how my current job title and supervisor is filled in at a previous job, which is scrambled with the third job’s phone number, etc. I fix and resend the information. Within 15 minutes, I get an email to set up an appointment with someone for the I-9 form, which I assume is the drug test, and luckily they have a time slot available at 3:00 pm at a location 30 minutes from my home. I chug two glasses of water before I go and bring all the info I need. I arrive at location, which advertises that they do paternity, drug testing, etc. The secretary there takes my photo IDs and scans them with my social security card, then tells me to go home, as that’s all my recruiting company needs from me. This is very confusing to me, but I leave and go home. At 4:45 pm I get another email.)

Contract Sender: “NOTICE! Please print off the following attachment and proceed to the indicated address immediately for the drug test.”

(I am even more confused, as this location is less than five minutes from my home, and it’s almost 5:00 on a Friday. I decide to call the drug testing office directly.)

Drug Testing Office: “Hello, this is [Office].”

Me: “Yes, hello, sir. I just received an email from my recruitment office telling me to go to your location immediately.”

Drug Testing Office: “Yes.”

Me: “So, I should go to your office for this testing?”

Drug Testing Office: “Yes.”

Me: *confused* “Now? As in, right now? Immediately?”

Drug Testing Office: “No! We’re closed right now!”

Me: “That’s what I thought. When can I come in?”

Drug Testing Office: “We open tomorrow at 9:00 am.”

Me: “Okay, see you then!”

(I went to the office at 9:00 am the next morning, and it was not until 9:15 that the building got opened, and it was 9:30 before the office I needed to go to opened up. The office door indicated that they opened at 8:00 am on Saturdays.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!