Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Extreme Couponing Extremely Offended

, , , , , | Right | April 5, 2018

Me: “Hello, did you find everything you were looking for today?”

Customer: “Yes, I can’t believe this item is on sale! And then there is another 25% off coupon on top of that!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but that coupon is not good on [Sale] items.”

Customer: “This is not a [Sale] item!!”

Me: “Here is the ad; it does show that this is a [Sale] item.”

Customer: “Well, the ad I got in the mail does not say that it is a [Sale] item! This is false advertising! I will never shop here again, and I am going to contact your corporate office!”

Me: “Let me find the mailer and double-check; if it is a misprint they will accept it.”

(I dig in the trash to find a mailer and realize that the item she has just happens to be on the opposite side of her coupon. I flip her coupon over, and the item is pictured on the back of her coupon. Sure enough, the item has a banner across it saying, “[Sale], no further discounts or coupons apply.”)

Customer: “Well, that is just ridiculous, and I will not be back!”

Me: “Would you like me to remove the item?”

Customer: “No, I’ll take it!”

Me: “Your total is [total].”

Customer: “That is just f****** crazy!”

Me: “I can still remove it with no problem.”

(The customer swipes her card, cussing and muttering the entire time. I bag her purchase, thank her, and hand her the receipt.)

Customer: “You really enjoyed that, didn’t you?!” *throws her coupon at me and storms out*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!