Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Extra Reserves Of Stupidity

, , , , | Right | May 14, 2013

(I’m about to move into a new apartment. The parking situation at this complex is pretty relaxed. It allows guests/non residents to park there during the day, in any spot that isn’t reserved for residents who pay extra for their spots. I go to the leasing office to pick up my keys. I’m about to go up to the counter, when a woman bursts into the office and yells at the receptionist.)

Woman: “Excuse me! I think my car was just stolen!”

Receptionist: “Stolen? Oh, my gosh! Where was your car?”

Woman: “I was at my friend’s home for just a few minutes. I come outside, and my car is gone. It’s just gone!”

Receptionist: “Well, do you think you may have parked it in a reserved space? We have a tow truck come in to clear cars in reserved parking spaces.”

Woman: “What? No one told me not to park in such a space! Besides, my friend is out of town so she couldn’t even tell me not to park there. And besides, I was only inside for a few minutes!”

Receptionist: “I really do apologize, ma’am. Let me find out what I can.”

(The receptionist tries her best to calm the woman down, and calls the contracted tow company. She gives them a description of the car.)

Receptionist: “Yes, ma’am, they did tow your car. You had parked it in a reserved space.”

Woman: “This is ridiculous! I have an appointment in 30 minutes; I shouldn’t have to be dealing with this!”

(The receptionist is trying to be as accommodating as possible. I end up taking a seat, realizing I’m not going to be getting any help until this is resolved. The receptionist disappears into the back office to get approval to order a cab, and even have the property offer to pay for it. As soon as she leaves, the woman looks at me.)

Woman: “It’s like we’re living in a police state. It’s totally unbelievable! People are waiting in the bushes for the littlest things. You know, I was just feeding my friend’s cats! No good deed goes unpunished.”

Me: “I’m moving in today, and a few weeks ago when I came here for the first time, I knew better than to park in a space that had ‘RESERVED’ written on it in large letters.”

(The woman shut up and waited for the receptionist to come back. She was not necessarily calmer, but she did tone down her ranting!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!