Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Exploring The Amazon Gets You Nowhere, Part 2

, , , | Right | November 21, 2020

I work at a major retail store where I’m the department manager over infants. My associate approaches me about a customer on the phone who’s trying to compare strollers. We’re pretty sure we’ve found the one she’s looking for and I take over the phone call.

Me: “Hello, ma’am. I’m the manager in infants and I believe I found the stroller you were asking about. Did you need me to hold it for you?”

Caller: “Oh, good! You do carry it!”

Me: “Yes, we do, ma’am.”

Caller: “Well, you see, I got that stroller at my baby shower and I don’t need it, so I would like to return it.”

I am thinking, “Okay, just bring it in, then?”

Caller: “But you see, my family member bought it on Amazon. I can still return it to your store, right?”

Me: *Rubs eyebrows* “No, ma’am. You cannot return an item you didn’t purchase from our company to our store.”

Caller: *Rudely* “I don’t understand. It’s the same item.”

Me: “You cannot buy something from one store and return it to another. It works the same way with things bought online. And you would need a receipt to prove your purchase in order to return it.”

Caller: *Curtly* “I see.” *Hangs up*

Me: *To myself* “I cannot believe I just had to explain common sense to somebody.”

Related:
Exploring The Amazon Gets You Nowhere

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!