Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Explaining It Eurover And Over

| Working | March 30, 2017

(I have just moved from Portugal to Sweden and want to transfer some money from my Portuguese bank account to my new Swedish bank account. I go to the Portuguese online bank but can not make the transfer as it is not recognizing the Swedish currency. (Portugal uses Euro and Sweden uses Swedish Kronor). So I call the bank’s online customer service:)

Me: “Hi. I wanted to transfer money from Portugal to Sweden but the website is not allowing me as the information for Swedish currency is not showing.”

Representative: “Oh. That is because Sweden uses Euro.”

Me: “No. Sweden belongs to European Union but has never adopted the Euro. It uses Swedish Kronor.”

Representative: “No! Sweden is part of Europe so it uses Euro.”

(This goes back and forth until I get annoyed enough.)

Me: “Miss, I’m sorry but I’m living in Sweden. I think I know what currency is being used. Trust me it is not Euro. It is Swedish Kronor!”

Representative: “Oh. Just use Euro anyway.” *hangs up*

(In the end, they charged me 75€ for the call and I had to ask my parents in Portugal to go to the bank agency and take care of it. And yes, they also complained about the customer service representative.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!