Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Explain About The Wasabi Gingerly

, , , , | Right | March 17, 2020

(A lady orders a bunch of sushi, among Chinese items, for delivery. The amount of sushi she orders entitles her to three cups of wasabi and ginger; each cup is half wasabi, half ginger unless requested otherwise. After receiving her delivery, she calls back:)

Customer: “I only received one cup and want another one.”

Me: “It’s weird that you only got one cup because I know that you should have gotten more; it must have been a mistake when bagging the order. We will send one as soon as the driver who took your order comes back.”

Customer: “How much does the cup cost?”

Me: “They are 50¢, but I am not going to charge you since we didn’t send you the correct amount.”

Customer: “I’ll pay it. What will it be with the delivery charge included?”

(Surprised, I lower the delivery charge to $1. I’m not going to charge her the full standard amount for just a cup of wasabi/ginger, and since she willingly wants to pay it, I still charge something.)

Customer: “I will pay the total amount of $1.50.”

Me: “I apologize for the problems and I wish you a good night.”

(Throughout the entire call, our other driver is standing next to me. I explain briefly what happened and answer another call that is coming in before I walk to the kitchen to inform my boss. The original driver has just gotten back, so the other driver explains that I was on the phone placing the extra wasabi/ginger order and he has to go back; he is pissed. When my boss asks me about it, I tell her what happened.)

Me: “She never received the standard amount.”

Original Driver: “I saw someone from that house leave with some sushi; they must’ve taken one or two of the cups we gave them and the people who called back didn’t know.”

(He was no longer mad when I told him there was a delivery fee — but smaller — and that they were paying for the stuff. If you want to tell someone something, then make sure you tell the truth.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!