Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Expired Pass And Expired Logic

, , , , , | Right | September 18, 2011

(I work in a call center for a travel company that sells attraction passes. We often get calls from customers who buy the products without actually reading the website, so they have no idea how the products work.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company]. How may I help you today?”

Customer: “Excuse me, I am trying to get into [Attraction] and they are not letting me in. Tell them that I have your card so I can get in.”

(I get her card information so I can check the activity on her card.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but it seems that your card expired yesterday. You only purchased a three-day pass and all three days have been used.”

Customer: “I know that. Get me into [Attraction]!”

Me: “I’m afraid I can’t do that. If your pass has already expired, you cannot use it.”

Customer: “So you’re telling me that if I used all three days on my pass, I can’t go to the attractions anymore?”

Me: “That is correct. If you bought a three-day pass and you used all three days, you will not be able to use the pass to get into any attractions.”

Customer: “Well, nobody told me that! I want a refund for not being able to get into [Attraction] today!”

(This call goes on for twenty more minutes. Needless to say, she did not receive a refund.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!