Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Experience Tells Me That You’re An Idiot

| Right | August 14, 2015

Me: *answering the phone* “Hello, [Company]. This is [My name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hello, [My Name]. Are you experienced enough to help me?”

Me: *having worked in this company for several years now* “I can certainly do my best. What can I do for you?”

(The customer proceeds to describe a sensitive issue that I immediately recognize is beyond my authority to address.)

Me: “Okay, you will need to speak with my manager. They will be able to address this issue with you and make sure that appropriate action is taken.”

Customer: “What is your manager’s name?”

Me: “Their name is [Manager].”

Customer: “And are you sure that they’ll be able to help me?”

Me: “Yes, I can assure you that they will be able to help you with this issue.”

Customer: “Well, put me through to them, then! This is why I asked if you were experienced in the first place!”

Me: “Of course. I’ll transfer you now.”

(I have to wonder how they expected me to know if I was “experienced” enough without knowing what the issue was in the first place!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!