Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Exchanged Deranged

, , , , | Right | August 3, 2019

(I walk to the register to check out, just as another customer walks up to the register from the opposite side, blocking my exit. The cashier starts to scan my items.)

Customer: “I want to exchange these things.”

Cashier: “That’s no problem, ma’am. Just please join the line.”

Customer: “No. I was here at the same time as her.”

Cashier: *hesitantly* “Okay. But you’ll have to wait until I finish with this lady.”

Customer: *loudly* “I was here at the same time as her! It will only take a second.”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, ma’am. You’ll just have to wait.”

(Another customer joins the line behind me. The first customer is still waiting in front of me, at the wrong end of the register.)

Customer: “I can’t believe you’re making me wait! I just want to exchange these things! I was here at the same time as her!”

(Another manager hears the commotion and comes over to help.)

Manager: “Is there a problem here? How can I help?”

Customer: “Yeah. I want to exchange these things. I was here at the same time as her.”

Manager: “No problem, ma’am. But you’ll have to join the line.”

Customer: “You’re all just being a**holes. I’m not getting in line. And you just lost a sale!” *stalking away* “Come on, [Friend]! We’re leaving; they’re being a**holes!”

Me: “Didn’t she want an exchange? How did you lose a sale?” 

Cashier: *wearily* “I have no idea.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!