Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“Ew! Ew! Ew!” Is Right!

, , , , | Right Working | February 23, 2022

I work for a national bank as a teller. This creepy customer is, unfortunately, a regular of ours. I’m not the only one who feels uncomfortable around him, nor am I the only one that tries to avoid helping him.

I start to process his transaction when he gets up on his tiptoes to look over my computer to “read my name tag.”

I have a nameplate that sits on my counter on the side opposite of the computer. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse to get up on your tiptoes to peer over my computer, which is also a security risk.

Me: “Is there anything else I can help you with?”

He leers and winks at me.

Creeper: “Yes. But, well, later. And bring your two friends along.”

Me: “That is not appropriate, sir, and I believe our business is concluded.”

I close my window and go into a back room to have a full-body shudder. After about a thousand chants of, “Ew! Ew! Ew!” to myself, and after he leaves, I return to my window. Well, this proves to me he was NOT “reading my name tag.”

I report the incident to my direct manager.

Direct Manager: “Maybe you should consider moving your name tag and wear a less revealing shirt.”

EXCUSE ME?! You are trying to make it MY fault that a creeper went out of his way to ogle me?

After I got that response, I spun on my heel and went to have a chat with the bank manager about [Creeper]’s behavior and what was said to me by [Direct Manager].

I was very satisfied to see her have to pick her jaw off the floor at the end of my report. She assured me that not only was my shirt appropriate, but my name tag placement was, as well, and that I should never have been made to feel like the incident was my fault. She promised that this clearly recurring problem would be dealt with immediately.

I now have permission to refuse [Creeper] service and they are looking into seeing what else they can do to protect the rest of us further.

[Direct Manager] has gotten a complete attitude adjustment since the incident, so I suspect that [Bank Manager] put the fear of God AND Satan into him.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!