Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Every Now And Then, A Customer Has Your Back

, , , , , | Right | July 26, 2021

I am the cashier in this story. I have no line, so I pick up the store’s iPad to check if there are any online orders that need fulfilling. While I am doing this, a woman approaches with a handful of items.

Me: “Hi there! Did you find what you were looking for?”

Lady: “What were you doing just now?”

Me: “Oh, I was checking the online ordering system.”

Lady: “You were on Facebook.”

A man joins the queue behind her.

Me: “Actually, only business-related websites are allowed on our server.”

Lady: “Lying is unprofessional, you know.”

I am not going to engage in a stupid argument.

Me: “Okay. Your total is [total]. Will that be cash or card?”

Lady: “Card.” *Inserts her chip* “Now it’s saying, ‘Press zero to continue.’ Why?”

I’m confused, as I’ve never known any transaction to say, “Press zero to continue.” I walk around the register to see the PIN pad.

Me: “Oh! It’s the green circle. See? ‘Press green O to continue.’”

Lady: *Presses the button* “It didn’t say, ‘Green.’”

Me: *Fed up* “I just read it to you, directly from the screen.”

Lady: “You’re quite rude for a stupid cashier.”

I hand her the receipt.

Me: “Have a nice day, ma’am.”

She continues to stand there while I go through the man’s transaction, telling me she’s going to call corporate and have my job, I’ll never work in HER town again, etc.

Man: “Lady, you’re being a real c***.”

Silence falls.

Man: “And it does say, ‘Green circle.’ Just because your head is too far up your own a** to read properly, it doesn’t mean you’re right.”

I hand the man his receipt and he continues to stand there.

Me: “Uh… is there anything else I can do for you?”

Man: “No, you’re good. I’m just waiting for her to leave so that I know she’s not going to continue her tantrum.”

They looked at each other for a moment before the woman screamed like a banshee and ran from the store. I still have no clue why she chose to argue with me over something so trivial but I was very thankful for the man in line behind her.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!