Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Every Hotel Worker’s Dream

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: _bosh | June 14, 2022

I work in a hotel. Naturally, professionalism comes first, so when I received a call from a guest saying that she had rats in her room, I did not believe a word she said but still tried to resolve the issue. The woman was persistent and sounded very angry, requesting a comped room for the night. I was in disbelief.

Me: “I’ll speak to my manager and see what I can do for you.”

I went to grab my supervisor, who picked up the phone.

Supervisor: *Sassily* “Can I help you?”

I gasped and gave her eyes like, “What manager answers the phone like that?!”

She proceeded to try and help the woman, with my coworker and me trying to listen through the phone.

Guest: “I found rats in my room, and I want a free room tonight!”

Supervisor: “That’s f****** ridiculous.”

My jaw hit the floor. I was dumbfounded (but also laughing as I was impressed by her courage).

My supervisor started cracking up, said, “Thanks, [Guest]!” and then hung up. Between her laughter, I realized she had pranked us.

All in all, it was a good April Fool’s Day prank that I should have seen coming.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!