Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Eventually Had A Bulb Moment

| Right | December 12, 2015

(One quiet afternoon a friendly looking lady approaches the counter:)

Customer: “Good afternoon, I’m looking for a new bulb for my sewing machine.”

Me: “Sure, we sell a few different bulbs here. What model is your machine?”

(She states the model, which has been discontinued for several years.)

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am, but as that is an older machine we don’t stock parts for it.”

(My coworker overhears the conversation and chimes in.)

Coworker: “I was at [Other Location] the other day. I know they have them.”

(Our other store is a lot bigger and around 30 minutes away. The customer’s face suddenly turns dark.)

Customer: “I WOULDN’T DRIVE TO [OTHER LOCATION] WITH A GUN TO MY HEAD.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am—”

Customer: “YOU GUYS SELL POTS AND PANS AND BALLOONS AND OTHER CRAFT S*** BUT YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE THINGS TO DO BASIC SEWING.”

Me: “With all due respect, ma’am, we are as much a craft, party, and home decorating store as we are a fabric and sewing store. Now if you like I can call [Other Location] and have them send the bulb here, but it may take several weeks.”

Customer: “BULLS***. I’m going to [Competitor] and getting the bulb off them! See if I ever come back to your store again!”

(She dumps her basket on the counter and stomps off.)

Next Customer In Line: “She’d really rather get shot than drive 30 minutes up the road?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!