Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Even Two Energy Drinks Won’t Give You The Energy For This

, , , | Right | August 8, 2021

I stop in a petrol garage halfway through a long drive and pick up some food and an energy drink.

Cashier: “Oh, these are two for £1.50.”

Me: “Great, I’ll take two.”

I look back at the massive queue.

Me: “Can you scan that twice and I will pick up one on my way out?”

Cashier: “Sure.”

I pay for my things, grab a second bottle, and hold it up so the cashier can see that I remembered and go to leave. I get as far as the door.

Customer: “Hey, you stop.”

Me: “I already paid for this; you can ask the cashier if you are bothered.”

Customer: “I’m not letting you leave.”

Cashier: “Sir, sir, it’s fine; he’s already paid.”

Customer: *Ignoring her* “I don’t know what things have come to today. In my day, I— Hey! Where are you going?!

I duck under his arm.

Me: “I really don’t have time for this. I have a long drive.”

Cashier: “Sir, please leave him alone.”

Customer: “What?! What is going on? You need to—”

Cashier: “No, you need to leave other customers alone. I have told you twice now. Now join the queue or I will have to call the police.”

I got in my car and I could still hear the other customer ranting. I didn’t wait around for what happened next, but I hope the cashier put him in his place.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!