Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Even Professors Fail At Pass(Words)

, , , | Right | April 30, 2010

(I am a student worker at my university’s IT help desk. Professors’ passwords are set to expire every ninety days. A professor having connection problems informs me he hasn’t changed his password in months.)

Me: “Oh, okay! I think that’s the issue here. Your password has probably expired and…”

Professor: “Expired?!”

Me: “Yes, they’re set to expire every ninety days for security.”

Professor: “Ninety days! Why don’t you tell us these things?”

Me: “I’m so sorry; usually we email professors at the beginning of term.”

Professor: “Well, you didn’t tell me! I didn’t get any emails from you people!”

Me: “I’m very sorry. Let me reset your password for you now so that you can connect.”

(I reset his password and write it down for him.)

Professor: “What the h*** is this?”

Me: “That’s the pound sign.”

Professor: “I know what it is! Why is it in my password?”

Me: “It’s a regulation from our administration. Your password has to have letters, numbers and special characters.”

Professor: “And when were you planning on telling us this?”

Me: “There should have been an email last week.”

Professor: “There was no email! Seriously, do you do anything? Where’s your boss? I need to speak with him.”

Me: “He’s out right now.”

Professor: “You need to let me know the moment he gets back.”

Me: “Of course. How should we notify you? We can send you an email?”

Professor: “Don’t email me. God! I never read those. Call my office phone.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!