Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Even Paranoid Racist Nutjobs Have Bad Days

, , , , | Right | June 7, 2008

(Note: The cell phone provider I work for does not have call centers outside of North America. They have some in Canada, but that is irrelevant to the following transaction.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company] Wireless. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I want a credit to my account.”

Me: “Well, I can certainly see what I can do for you, sir. What seems to be the issue?”

Customer: “Where am I calling currently?”

Me: “Customer service, sir…?”

Customer: “Where are you located?”

Me: “Lake Mary, Florida.”

Customer: “I want a credit because the last person I spoke to from your company was in India.”

Me: “Sir, we don’t have call centers in India. All our call centers are in North America.”

Customer: “Well, the person I just spoke with had a very heavy Middle Eastern accent and told me his name was Sam. Now, I know he was lying to me, so I want a credit applied to my bill!”

Me: “Sir, this is the United States of America. There are many people in this nation with varying accents. I cannot credit you for speaking to an American with an accent.”

Customer: “I want to talk to your supervisor!”

Me: “Sir, I would be more than happy to allow you to speak with my supervisor. His name is Muhammed… we call him ‘Moe’ for short. ”

Customer: *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!