Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Entitlement That Stretches To The Sun And Back

, , , | Right | January 13, 2020

(I work at an amusement park. Every week, we run an event where we’re open late with lots of entertainment and a firework finale. The show is aimed at kids so we’re aware it’s a late night for them. We lose count of how many times we get asked this question, but this woman is a new level of special!)

Customer: “Excuse me. What time are the fireworks?”

Me: “We’ll set them off as soon as it’s dark enough, as early as we can.”

Customer: “Well, what time will that be?”

Me: “It will probably be about 9:00 pm; there will be an announcement just before so you have time to get a good spot.”

Customer: “That’s ridiculous! Why would you have them so late?!”

Me: “Sorry, but it’s not dark enough until then.”

Customer: “Don’t be so stupid! This is a kids’ park! How can you expect them to stay up so late?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but it has to be dark so you’re able to see the fireworks. We can’t let them off until the sun’s setting or you wouldn’t see them.”

Customer: “This is so ridiculous! My grandson was looking forward to the fireworks! Now he’s going to be disappointed because you’re refusing to set them off any earlier!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!