Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Entitlement Going Once… Going Never

, , , | Right | April 13, 2020

(I work in a business that does a live auction every Saturday night. The business has a restaurant that I manage. On Saturday night it always gets slammed. There is a couple having dinner in the bar and they have been served their food already. They decide they want a better view of the auction, so they decide to move themselves to a large table closer to the auction. I am cleaning the table they choose, where I’m about to seat a table of six people.)

Me: “Excuse me. I’m afraid you can’t move here at the moment because I have other people about to sit down here.”

(The lady goes ballistic and starts screaming.)

Lady: “If I can’t have this table, I’m not paying for my f****** food!”

(I am really surprised that she immediately freaked out.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’m afraid you’re going to have to pay for your food. I would be happy to reseat you after I seat the rest of the waiting list. Please go back to the table you were seated at before.”

(She doesn’t seem to understand that I’m not going to cave.)

Lady: “Fine. We’re going out to the auction, and when you have a table closer, we’ll come back for our food.”

(I watch them go view the auction and point them out to the owners to make sure they don’t dine and dash. After the auction ends and they pay for their purchases from the auction, the owner hands them their boxed-up food and their bill. No surprise, they don’t take it well.)

Lady: “Our server was extremely rude! After we went to watch the auction for a little bit we went back to get our food but it was gone!”

(That’s a total lie.)

Me: “You never came back to get your food; that’s why I boxed it after an hour. And the owners watched you in the auction the whole time; you never left your seats.”

(The owners comped all the food. Entitled people blow my mind.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!