Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Entitlement Cannot Be Liquidated

, , , , | Right | July 16, 2020

When I return from my two-week vacation, a store I very often shop at is suddenly having a liquidation sale as they are closing. I am greeted with multiple signs that they are closing and that all sales are final. Inside the store, there are many, many signs stating returns are no longer accepted, all sales are final, etc. There are more signs than products, but luckily, what I need is still there, and I get it half-off; nice!

When I reach the register, the cashier is already serving the lady in front of me.

Cashier: “That will be [amount].”

The lady pays and leaves, but returns less than a minute later.

Lady: “Wait, how much is [item]?”

Cashier: *Checking receipt* “It was [amount], miss. It was half-off.”

Lady: “It’s too expensive!”

Cashier: “It used to be [double], miss. The discount has been applied.”

Lady: “It’s still too expensive.”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, miss. I can’t help that.”

Lady: “I want my money back!”

Cashier: *Pauses* “I’m sorry, but you can’t. All sales are final.”

Lady: “But it’s too expensive! You just cashed me out!”

Cashier: “I know, but all sales are final.”

The cashier points to the sign next to her.

Cashier: “I’m no longer allowed to return items.”

Lady: “You just cashed me out!”

Cashier: “I know! I’m sorry, but I can’t return your money. We can’t accept returns; all sales are final, even if they are made less than a minute ago.”

The cashier points to the sign next to her.

Lady: “This is outrageous! How rude! I will complain about this; the head office hasn’t heard the last of this! I will never shop here again!”

Cashier: *Muttering* “That shouldn’t be too hard…” *Louder* “Next, please!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!