Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Entitled Customers Are Entitled To ALL The Guilt

, , , , | Right | June 20, 2018

(I’m legally disabled due to chronic illness, and I walk with a cane. I also find it funny when people behave awkwardly because of it. I’m standing behind the counter when a middle-aged woman walks in and comes up to the register.)

Customer: “I want three bags of [Cat Litter].”

Me: *smiling* “Not a problem!”

(The customer demands that I single-handedly deliver 120 pounds — 54.4 kilos — 100 feet from the shelf to the register. I step out from behind the counter and she spots my cane. Her demeanor changes entirely.)

Customer: *awkwardly* “Oh, actually, I can get it myself.”

Me: *cheerfully* “Nonsense! I’m happy to help!”

(At this point, I’m too far away for her to object so she stands there waiting. I come back struggling with the first bag.)

Customer: *sounding stressed* “Really, I don’t mind.”

Me: *still smiling* “It’s all right!”

(She stands there uncomfortably while I fetch the other two bags. By the time I reach the register to check her out I’m in a lot of pain but still smiling from ear to ear.)

Me: “Have a nice day!”

Customer: *rushes out of the store*

(I was bedridden the day after, but I still enjoy watching entitled customers get hit with guilt when they discover the lowly retail worker they were bossing around is disabled!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!