Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Free-Wayyyy Too Far

| Friendly | January 12, 2017

(I and two friends of mine are taking a trip to Croatia by car. One of my friends has already been in the city we are heading to a few times with her dad, so she gives my other friend directions.)

Friend #1: “Okay, and then you go along the freeway until it ends and turns into a normal country road.”

(We are driving hours and hours and no end is in sight. When we finally reach the end of the freeway, we notice that it is under construction and turns right just before the road works.)

Friend #1: “I don’t recognize the surroundings. That’s strange, because when I went to [Town] with my dad he would always drive till the end of the freeway.”

Friend #2: “Are you sure? Because you said it was going to be a six-hour drive and we have been driving non-stop for nine hours and [Town] is nowhere in sight.”

Me: “Um, [Friend #1], are you sure that we didn’t drive too far? Because it seems to me that since the last time you visited [Town] with your dad, the road construction might have gone a little further, and where the end of the road was two years ago doesn’t necessarily have to be the end of the road NOW.”

Friend #1: *looking shocked as it suddenly hits her*

Friend #2: “Oh, come on, [Friend #1]. Don’t tell me that the last three hours of driving were completely in vain!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!