Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Enough To Make Your Water Boil

, , , | Right | March 4, 2010

(I’m an on-site manager for an apartment complex. There is knocking on the door at two am.)

Me: *answering the door in my pajamas* “What’s going on, Miss [Tenant]? Is there an emergency?”

Tenant: “You need to come quickly! There is water dripping everywhere!”

Me: “Did you call the emergency pager?”

Tenant: “No! I couldn’t remember the number and you were closer! You have to come!”

(When I get to her apartment, I don’t see any water on the floor in the kitchen or bathroom.)

Me: “Ma’am, where is the leak? I’m not seeing one.”

Tenant: “The sink! There is water dripping all over!”

(I walk over and see the faucet dripping a tiny bit.)

Me: “Is this what you were talking about?”

Tenant: “Yes!”

Me: “You got me out of bed for your faucet dripping a tiny bit? Did you try twisting the knobs more?”

Tenant: “I couldn’t get it to stop and it was keeping me awake!”

(I turn the knob easily, stopping the drip.)

Me: “This is not considered an emergency. This could have easily waited until at least the morning, if not Monday, when the office is open.”

Tenant: “Well, if I couldn’t get any sleep, you shouldn’t either!”


This story is part of the American States roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!