Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Enough To Make You Have Kittens

| Working | June 21, 2014

(I am preparing to bring two new kittens into my home. There is a particular brand of cat food I have come to trust with my previous cat, but it is not widely stocked. A friend recommends a local pet supply store to me. I look around the store and find the adult formula of the brand, but not the kitten formula.)

Employee: “Can I help you?”

Me: “Do you have a particular section where you keep the kitten food?”

Employee: “No, it’s over with the rest of the cat food. See, this one is for both adult cats and kittens.”

Me: “Okay. I was looking for [Brand] kitten food, but all I could find was the adult formula.”

Employee: “Our buyer isn’t in today, but I could have him special order it for you.”

Me: “Well, I already have a bag at home. I’m getting ready to get some new kittens, and I wanted to find a closer source for this brand. The only other stores I’ve found that carry it are several miles away. I was hoping to find a place that stocks it regularly.”

Employee: “It looks like we don’t have any, but I can talk to our buyer about it.”

Me: “Okay. Does that mean you’ll start stocking it regularly?”

Employee: “Well, we can special order it for you and let you know when it comes in.”

Me: “I have a bag at home already. I just wanted to find a regular source for it.”

Employee: “Okay. Tell you what, give me your name and number, and I’ll talk to our buyer about it.”

Me: “Thanks.” *gives information* “Remember, I already have some, so I don’t need more right now. I just want a source that stocks it when I need more.”

(One week later, I get a message on my answering machine.)

Employee: “This is [Employee] calling from [Pet Store]. The bag of [Brand] kitten food you ordered has arrived.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!