Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

English Really Isn’t Any Better

, , , , | Working | January 24, 2021

My dad works at an international company. They hire people and take on clients from all over the world. One day, he receives this message in the group chat from his supervisor.

Supervisor: “[Dad]: And now we have the phstodyxufhsoa from Germany, hahaha!”

Dad: “I’m sorry, what?”

Supervisor: “It’s a joke.”

Dad: “No, it isn’t. You’re being needlessly mean.”

Supervisor: “Dude, chill out. It’s just a joke. I’m sorry you didn’t find it funny because you have no sense of humor.”

Dad: “No, I didn’t. You’re making fun of the German language. As a company with an international presence, we have a duty to respect any and all of our clients and their cultures and languages. If you had sent this to another chat by accident, you’d be in deeper s*** than you are now. This kind of talking needs to stop or I’m talking to HR.” 

His supervisor didn’t respond to that. I’m so proud of my dad here; he’s absolutely not a perfect picture of acceptance, but he stood up to his supervisor for being a racist, xenophobic bully. Every little bit!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!