Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ending His Competitive Streak

| Right | April 13, 2016

(I am a customer, picking up a few things for a project at home. I get my things and go to the cash registers to check out. I arrive in the middle of an argument between a cashier and a customer.)

Customer: “I don’t care what your policy is; you have to match this price!”

Cashier: “I am sorry, sir, but as I have already told you, we can’t price match unless it is the exact same product. This is [Brand #1] and that advertisement is for [Brand #2].”

Customer: “They would do this at [Competitor]!”

Cashier: *reaches into pocket of her apron, pulls out a sheet of paper, and hands it to the customer* “Well, sir, you are welcome to go to [Competitor].”

(The customer then yells in frustration and storms off. I get up to the cashier and set my things on the counter.)

Me: “What was that you just gave him?”

Cashier: “He comes in at least once a week to try some scam to get stuff for cheap or free, and I got sick of it. He almost always ends with ‘they do this at [Competitor]’ and I figured, since it is my last week here before I go back to school, I would give him directions and a map to the nearest [Competitor] store.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!