Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Enchila-duh

, , , | Right | May 19, 2018

(I work at a Mexican-themed restaurant that makes your food in front of you. You start with your hot ingredients on the line, and it gets passed down to the cold ingredients. Note that we have a menu and a specific guideline to make each item, unless specified otherwise by the customer. This particular item the customer ordered comes with corn tortillas, their choice of meat, cheese, and sauce. It is then put through a small oven to melt the cheese.)

Me: “Hi there. What can I get for you today, ma’am?”

Customer: “Enchilada meal.”

Me: “What kind of meat would you like with that? We have shredded chicken, chile roast beef, sweet pork, or grilled steak, and grilled chicken for a little extra.”

Customer: *in seemingly agitated tone* “Grilled chicken.”

Me: “Would you like mild, medium, or hot sauce with that?”

Customer: “Mild.”

(I add the sauce, which we put inside and out of the enchiladas.)

Customer: *in pissed off, rude manner* “What? No. I didn’t want any sauce on that!”

Me: “I’m sorry about that, ma’am. Would you like me to remake it for you?”

Customer: *grumbling* “No, it’s fine.”

Me: “And is cheese all right?”

Customer: “Fine, whatever.”

(As soon as the cheese touches her food.)

Customer: “I DIDN’T WANT ANY CHEESE!”

Me: “I apologize, ma’am. Just so you know, for the future, the enchiladas automatically come with sauce and cheese unless you tell us otherwise. I can remake it if you would like.”

Customer: *looks at me like I just suggested she cut off an appendage* “NO, you’ve already wasted enough of my time!”

Me: “All right, then, ma’am. Have a wonderful day.”

(The food gets passed down the line, and the woman is mumbling to herself.)

Coworker: “Ma’am, if you didn’t want any sauce or cheese on your enchiladas, then you should have ordered a taco meal. It would have been cheaper for you.”

(The woman was with a group people that were all tough-looking bikers, and she had to be in her late 40s, at least. Everyone else was extremely nice, and compliant. I still wonder if she knew what an enchilada was.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!