Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Employees Here Know No Pee-ce

, , , , | Working | August 25, 2020

I’m a nineteen-year-old girl, and I work as a cashier at a small pizza place just up the street from my house. One day, I’m using the restroom during my break when I hear knocking on the door. Our restroom is a single-occupant unisex restroom.

Me: “I’m in here!”

The knocking continues.

Me: “Occupied!”

The knocking gets louder.

Me: “I said I’m in here!”

Voice: “Open up!”

Me: “Give me a moment!”

The knocking suddenly gets very loud and the door handle starts jiggling. I’m done using the restroom at this point, so I get up, flush, and wash my hands. When I open up the door, I see the manager, who is easily in his fifties, standing there.

Manager: “Why didn’t you open the door?”

Me: “I was using the bathroom!”

Manager: “Doesn’t matter. You need to open the door whenever I knock!”

He wrote me up for insubordination. I quit the next day and found a new job at a different restaurant in the next town over a few days later. The pay wasn’t as great, and I had to have my mom or my older brother drive me there since I don’t have my driver’s license and it’s too far to walk to, but at least the staff and management there knew how to respect other people’s privacy!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!