Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Embroidered With A Realization

, , , , | Right | March 6, 2018

(For those that don’t know, embroidery is the process of sewing a design onto an item with thread and needle, and there can be thousands of stitches in the smallest of designs. After getting details for an embroidery order from a customer, I need to place a “marker” onto the spot she want the item embroidered so that our embroidery department will know the proper placement. I pull out a small piece of paper and a straight pin, and I’m getting ready to pin the paper onto the intended embroidery location.)

Customer: *frantic*What are you doing?!”

Me: *puzzled* “I’m letting our embroidery department know where you would like your name sewn.”

Customer: *looking slightly disgusted* “Don’t stick that pin in there!” *now looking at me wide-eyed*

Me: “Ma’am, if you don’t want this one pin to be stuck in your item, then you definitely do not want to have it embroidered; it will be stuck thousands of times.”

(I was looking at her, bewildered, as I slowly pushed her item back in her direction. In a matter of seconds you could literally see the realization of what had just happened and how stupid it was pour over her face… PRICELESS!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!