Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Emailed Failed

| Learning | August 30, 2016

(My teacher asked us to email him an assignment a few days prior to this. I am checking my grades and I see that the grade for the assignment is missing.)

Me: “Mr. [Teacher], I noticed my grade for our assignment from a few days ago is missing, but I clearly remember sending it into you.”

Teacher: “Well, I didn’t get it.”

Me: “I promise I sent it.”

(I look through my sent mail and find the email.)

Me: “See, it’s right here.”

Teacher: “Well, I never got it.”

Me: “That’s weird because—“ *I notice something incorrect in his email address* “Oh, it looks like I forgot the “o” in “dot com”. Sorry about that.”

Teacher: “It’s fine; just send it to me tonight.”

Me: “Thank you!”

(I send the email to the correct email address. My teacher updates my grades again, and I get a 75% on the assignment.)

Me: “Mr. [Teacher], I was wondering what I did wrong on the assignment where I messed up the email?”

Teacher: “Nothing. Yours was probably the best I read.”

Me: “Then why did I get a 75?”

Teacher: “Because you turned it in late.”

Me: “But I turned it in on time; I just made a little mistake in the email address. I thought you said it was okay.”

Teacher: “No, I said you could email me the assignment; I never said it was okay.”

Me: “That seems a little unfair.”

Teacher: “It’s not my fault you sent it to the wrong email address!”

(He got fired the next year.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!