Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Eighty Percent Off Your Order Isn’t Good Enough For You?

, , , | Right | February 5, 2022

I used to work at a pottery place where everything was hand-painted. Sometimes, some of the small details would be slightly different. I had a customer order five dessert plates in a certain pattern, but two different people had painted the plates so there was a small difference in the size of the flowers. She came in to pick them up.

Customer: *Angry* “It’s ridiculous that these aren’t exactly the same! I waited so long to get these! I desperately need them for Thanksgiving tomorrow!”

She really hadn’t waited that long.

Me: “I can offer you three of the plates for free, and you’ll need to pay for the other two. I can also give you our Black Friday sale price, so those two will be 50% off.”

Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say because it just made her even angrier.

Customer: “You can’t do that! How will you track the inventory?”

Me: “I’m the store manager. I have a few ways I can adjust the inventory.”

Customer: “You liar! You’re too young to be a manager!”

She ended up leaving after that without getting her plates.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!