Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Educational Programs Have Never Been More Needed

, , , , | Right | April 16, 2011

Me: “[Business library], how can I help you?”

Caller: “Yeah, so, I want to know about the educational programs you offer.”

Me: “Oh, okay. That’s actually not conducted through the library. I’ll have to find you the phone number for the coordinator.”

(The caller asks a dozen questions about the differences between the programs we offer. I answer the best I can while continuing to tell him I’ll need to have him call a different number. I put him on hold to find the number.)

Me: “Hi, sir. You’re going to have to call this number and speak to the program coordinator.”

Caller: “Fine, okay. What’s the number?”

(I give him the number.)

Caller: “Okay. Transfer me.”

Me: “Actually, I can’t transfer you because they’re in a different building. But if you want to call the number I gave you, they’d be happy to help.”

Caller: “So, you can’t help me?”

Me: “Not with the information you’re looking for.”

Caller: “What are you again?”

Me: “The librarian.”

Caller: “I don’t understand. You need to explain that to me. Can you also tell me about the educational programs you offer?”


This story is part of our Libraries roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Funny Stories About People Who Don’t Understand Libraries

 

Read the next Libraries roundup story!

Read the Libraries roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!