Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Drywall Me A Misogynist

, , | Working | May 14, 2012

(I have a friend who is really good with her hands and likes to build stuff. I’m completely useless with tools, and I have absolutely no idea how to go about building things. So, when I needed to build a drywall patch, I called her. Note: I am male.)

Employee: *ignoring my friend* “Hey there, sir, what’re you looking for today?”

Me: *points to my friend* “Oh, she’s the one who knows what we need.”

Employee: “But…”

Me: “I have no idea what I need for the project. She’s showing me how it’s done.”

Employee: *smugly, to my friend* “Okay, little lady. What do you think you need?”

My Friend: “Fiberglass drywall tape, quick-dry drywall mud, trowel, sandpaper…” *to me* “…do you have the paint chip of your wall color? We’ll only need about a quart of that mixed.”

Employee: *surprised* “You actually know how to patch drywall?!”

My Friend: “It’s just a small hole. And it’s not like we have to bead the corners or anything.”

Employee: “But… you’re a girl!”

My Friend: “And you’re a moron. Which aisle, please?”


This story is part of our Women’s Equality Day roundup!

Read the next Women’s Equality Day story!

Read the Women’s Equality Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!