Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Drove Straight Through His Own Expectations

, , | Right | March 3, 2020

(I work in a popular fast food restaurant chain and around this time of year it is very busy. On this particular day, I am assigned to the drive-thru and I’ve had non-stop cars for the past hour or so. As soon as the cars pull up to the order speaker, I try to get their order taken so that it can be ready soon after they pay at the window.)

Me: Hi, welcome to [Restaurant]. May I take your order?”

Customer: “Give me a minute.”

Me: “No problem, just let me know when you are ready!”

(This kind of thing happens occasionally, so while I’m waiting, I check the order slips and see how my other orders are coming along. I look up to check the camera a moment later to notice that the customer has decided to drive ahead without ordering. Most times this wouldn’t be a problem, but as it is a busy day, if he places his order at the window, then he will be holding everyone up behind him. Eventually, he reaches the window.)

Customer: *shoving money at me* “Four large fries and a portion of curry.”

Me: “All right.”

(I put his order through and glance over to notice that we don’t have enough chips for his order.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but I need to put some more chips down for your order. If you’d like to just pull up ahead in front of the window there, I will get your food out to you in a couple of minutes, as soon as it is done!”

(The customer nods his head and moves forward, and I give out the food for the next few cars whose food is ready because they ordered where they were supposed to. Not even three minutes later, my coworker walks out in the rain to bring the chips out to the car who, by the way, parked at the other end of the car park instead of where I indicated. In the main restaurant area, I can hear a man talking saying that he ordered chips from the drive-thru. Recognising his voice, I come out, thinking he got confused and came in to get his food.)

Me: “Hi, I’m sorry about the wait. My coworker is just bringing the food to your car as we speak.”

Customer: “THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A DRIVE-THRU! IT’S A DISGRACE!” 

(He then turned around and stormed off. Well, I’m sorry, but how can you expect food to be ready for you the second you order it?!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!