Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Driving Under The Impression Of An Influence

| Friendly | March 3, 2016

(My mum and her friend are on their way to pick me up from a restaurant where I’ve been having dinner with a small group of friends. It’s about 10 pm and as they cross over a bridge to get to the restaurant neither of them notice the speed change sign, from 70 to 60 across the bridge back to 70. They get pulled over.)

Officer: “Hello, ladies, do you know why I pulled you over?”

Friend: “Honestly, no.”

Officer: “Well, as you crossed the bridge the speed reduces to 60. Didn’t you notice the sign?”

Friend: *starting to get panicky* “Oh, goodness, I’m so sorry. I didn’t see it.”

Officer: “Where are you ladies headed this time of night?”

Friend: “We’re on our way to [Restaurant] to pick my friend’s daughter up.”

(Looks in at mum.)

Officer: “How old is your daughter, ma’am?”

Friend: “She’s 20”

(Legal drinking age in Australia is 18.)

Officer: “So, she would have had some drinks”

Mum: “Quite possibly, yes.”

Officer: “Well, ladies, because you’re doing a good deed and picking up this young woman so she doesn’t drive under the influence, I’m just going to give you a warning tonight, okay? But, please take care and watch out for speed changes.”

Friend: “Oh, bless you. Thank you. I will watch out. You stay safe, too.”

Officer: “Night, ladies.”

(They arrive at the restaurant and as I jump in the car they tell me about what happened. I start to laugh.)

Me: “So, mum, I guess you didn’t tell him that I don’t have a car or a license?”

Mum: “Well, he didn’t ask about that.”

(I found it amusing too because I was and still am a non-drinker, due to not liking the taste of most alcohol, and all I had been drinking that night was Diet Coke!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!