Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Driving Thru All Common Sense

, , , , | Right | December 20, 2018

(I am a teller at a credit union. It is a Saturday and I am covering the phones in the basement. Our credit union has about nine different locations. I answer a phone call and this happens:)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Credit Union]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I think I left my ID in your drive-thru; can you check for me?”

Me: “I can look into that. Can you just tell me which location you were at so I can contact them to check?”

Customer: “I don’t understand; I just need to see if I left my ID there. Do you have it?”

Me: “We have nine different locations, so I have to know which one to contact to check if they have your ID.”

Customer: “I just need to know if you have my ID!”

Me: “I just need to know which location you went to.”

Customer: “Great! I’ll be by to pick it up soon!” *hangs up*

Me: “…?”

(A while later I went upstairs to scan my check and could hear the tellers helping the drive-thru customers. I heard my coworker say, “You called to find your ID? I don’t see it here. They told you it was here?” I about lost my mind. I explained the situation to the teller, and the dude left, all mad. I never told him we had his ID.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!