Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Driving Straight Through Politeness

, , | Right | January 29, 2018

(We are short-staffed as we are right in the middle of a shift change, so I am currently the cashier for the dining room in addition to prepping orders for the drive-thru while the person taking orders on drive-thru changes out with someone else. The person coming in for the next shift hasn’t gotten to the back window to start taking orders yet. I am in the middle of two separate orders when someone pulls up in the drive-thru. Not wanting him to sit there and think he’s being ignored, I briefly greet him.)

Me: “Good afternoon. Someone will be with you in just a moment to take your order.”

Customer: “I’ll take a…”

(He goes on with his order. Most people just say, “Okay.” I’m still talking to another customer inside, so I’m not paying very much attention to the drive-thru customer.)

Me: *to the drive-thru customer* “I’m sorry, sir. Someone will be with you in just a second. Thank you for your patience.”

(As I say this, a coworker has just put on a headset and is getting to the drive-thru register to take the order.)

Customer: “What? Well, f*** you!”

(He drives off and flips the bird as he passes our window.)

Coworker: *laughing* “What just happened?”

Me: “I asked him to wait a moment so he wasn’t just sitting out there.”

Coworker: “So, it’s going to be one of those days.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!