Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Driving Miss Crazy, Part 4

| Right | March 20, 2013

(A older driver is trying to park her car in the lower parking lot of the events center. We have the lower parking lot blocked off to be used by volunteers.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am. Can I ask you to move your car to the upper parking lot? The lower parking lot is closed. It’s blocked off for the volunteers for today’s event.”

(She refuses to move her car. We get an officer to tell her to move her car, or get towed. She reluctantly gets in her car, and pulls up 50 feet, but still in the lower parking lot. Volunteers are sitting in my car warming up from the cold weather.)

Me: “Ma’am, you will have to move your car to the upper parking lot.”

Driver: “I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING! These people are leaving; I can park here.”

Me: “No, ma’am. They are warming up. They are volunteers. You will have to park in the upper parking lot.”

(The driver’s granddaughter in the back seat chimes in.)

Driver’s Granddaughter: “Grandma, just park up there.”

Driver: “No! This is my spot. These people had better leave, or I will just ram them out of my spot. My spot!”

Me: “Listen, lady. I will stand right here so you understand. You will not be parking here. It’s only a two-minute walk from the upper parking lot.”

Driver: “F*** you!”

(The driver ends up driving through the whole volunteer parking lot looking for a spot, then decides to go to the upper parking lot. I think the altercation is over, until she comes back down, grabbing me by the arm.)

Driver:See! This car just parked here. That other car left, and you allowed this white car to park here.”

Me: “That wasn’t the spot you were trying to park in. You were trying to park where that blue car is in front of that blue truck.”

Driver: “Bull-s***! You’re lying!”

Me: “Ma’am, that was my car you were threatening to ram. My friends were sitting in that car trying to warm up. They are volunteers. I suggest you calm down, and enjoy this family fun event.”

Driver’s Granddaughter: “Grandma, he is right. That’s the car up there!”

Driver: “F*** you both!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!