Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Driven To Distraction, Through And Through

| Working | April 6, 2013

(I’m in the drive through of a popular fast food chain getting breakfast.)

Cashier #1: “Welcome to [restaurant]. Can I take your order?”

Me: “I’d like a bacon and egg muffin, a hash brown and a small lemonade.”

Cashier #1: “Sorry, could you repeat that?”

Me: “Yeah, it’s a bacon and egg muffin, a hash brown and a small lemonade.”

Cashier #1: “Okay. That comes to $15.**”

(Note: this is about three times what it should cost.)

Me: “How much?”

Cashier #1: “$15.**.”

Me: “No, it’s not. I want one bacon and egg muffin. One hash brown. And one small lemonade.”

Cashier #1: “Um…”

(After some muffled noises come from the speaker, a different voice comes on.)

Cashier #2: “It’s $5.**. Please drive through to the second window.”

(I pull up to the window and wait for my order. A cashier comes over, opens the window and holds out a hot drink.)

Cashier #3: “Here’s your cappuccino.”

Me: “I didn’t order that.”

Cashier #3: “Oh. What did you order?”

Me: “A bacon and egg muffin, a hash brown and a small lemonade.”

(She closes the window and disappears. A short while later, she returns holding a cold drink and a bag of food.)

Cashier #3: “Here is your order.”

(She hands me the bag, closes the window and heads back into the restaurant. I have a quick look in the bag and it looks right so I drive off. It’s not until I’ve driven a couple of blocks that I realise I hadn’t paid for it!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!