Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dripocalypse Now

, , , , | Right | October 5, 2009

(I work at a commercial property development/management company. I get this call from a new tenant’s office.)

Me: “Good afternoon, [Company].”

Tenant: “This is going to sound crazy, but I think Armageddon might have just started in the break room.”

Me: “Okay, why do you say that?”

Tenant: “I turned on the tap, and blood came out of the faucet. So, it’s either the end of the world, or turkey blood.”

Me: “Turkey blood?”

Tenant: “We just washed out a turkey in the sink; maybe the blood got sucked back into the pipes. I don’t think we should drink the water.”

Me: “Yeah, that’s pretty alarming. I’ve never heard of that happening, but I will get you a plumber out there ASAP.”

Tenant: “Great, thanks. Everyone thinks I’m crazy, but I swear, blood came out!”

Me: “I will take care of this, don’t worry.”

(I hang up and call a plumber. While I’m waiting for the plumber to call back with a time, the tenant phones every ten minutes and is getting increasingly hysterical. I finally get a time for the plumber and call the tenant.)

Me: “A plumber should be out there within the hour.”

Tenant: “Oh. Well. Um.”

Me: “Yes?”

Tenant: “False alarm… It wasn’t Armageddon; it was Crystal Light. The powder was stuck on the tap! Everybody here’s laughing! This is only my second day of this job. I’m never going to live this down!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!