Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #27936

Unfiltered | December 3, 2015

(Every Friday, our gym coaches let us have free day. Me, my friends and a new German exchange student like to play a twisted version of volleyball. While we’re playing, three people come up and ask to join.)

Boy: Can we play?

Me: Of course! Here, you two play on this team, and you go play on [Exchange Student]’s team.

(The three proceed to do nothing but take selfies and don’t actually play)

Me: *annoyed, since this is the way I relax every week and they’re in my way* Hey, are you guys going to play or not?!

(They ignore me)

Me: *even more irked* *in mechanical voice* This is a selfie-free zone. Use of electronics while the game is in progress may result in injury or death.

(They continue to ignore me. The exchange student, usually very laid back, seems to get irritated too. We play very rough, and with these kids around, we can’t hit the ball as hard as we like. So he sneaks up behind them and photobombs them. They laugh and go back to standing there.)

Me: Seriously, you guys, you’re gonna get hurt!

(They still ignore me. At this point, I’m very angry and about to go over there and steal the phone. But I don’t have to. My teammate hits the ball, and the way the other team deflects it, it hits the phone and knocks it out of their hands.)

Me: *in mechanical voice* Please keep all electronics safely put away during the game. Use of electronics while the game is in progress may result in injury or death.

(At this point I have to go and chase down a ball that the other team hit really hard. When I get back, the three selfie-students approach me)

Girl: *as if challenging me* What was it you said about selfies?

Me: *still in mechanical voice but much firmer and angrier* This is a selfie-free zone. Continued use of electronics while the game is in progress WILL result in injury or death!

(They laughed nervously and left. I’m not sure if they thought I was threatening them or what, but we had a fantastic game after that and I got into a fun tussle with the exchange student and one of his teammates.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!