Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dreading When They Return

, , , | Right | August 31, 2017

(I’m done scanning all of this customer’s items and tell her the total. She slides her debit card to pay.)

Me: “Um… Ma’am, your card only paid for half of your things. Do you have another form of payment to purchase the rest?”

Customer: “No! It’s my debit card; what are you talking about? Cancel that! I want to try another card!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am; I can’t cancel a transaction, but we can return the items and give you your money back that way.”

Customer: “SO, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, HUH?! TELL ME WHAT TO DO! TELL ME SO I CAN DO IT!”

Me: *sarcastic voice* “I don’t know, lady! Maybe pay for the rest?”

(Her little boy looks at her.)

Boy: “Mommy!”

Customer: “WHAT!? JUST SHUT UP; YOU’RE REALLY ANNOYING!” *talking to herself as she slides her other card* *Ugh, now I have to return all this tomorrow! Y’all stole my money. I can’t believe this!”

(It was totally not my fault she was broke, and trying to buy shoes. She could have just returned the first part and it would all have been solved, instead of yelling at me like she did, buying ALL the stuff, and saying she was going to return them the next day!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!