Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Drank Too Much (Re)Port

| Working | July 17, 2017

(I work as a night auditor at a hotel. In my position, I work overnight, and am *technically* the manager on duty since I’m usually the only hotel employee present. My only coworkers are a security guard that doesn’t work directly for the hotel, occasionally a second auditor, and a housekeeper on the weekends. I have very little actual authority, but sometimes people will still leave things for me to deal with when they don’t really want to. This has to be the worst example of that behavior.)

Manager On Duty: “Oh, [My Name] can you do me a favor?”

Me: “Sure, what’s up?”

Manager On Duty: “Well, this woman fell outside a little while ago, and she seemed to hit her head pretty hard; she had a cut on her forehead. I helped her up to her room, but she was really drunk and out of it and couldn’t answer my questions very well, and I didn’t have my phone on me to take pictures, so I didn’t write up an incident report. Can you put a note on her reservation and let the morning MOD know to make one?”

Me: *too stunned and busy attempting to process what I was just told to get properly angry* “Uh… was there anyone in her room with her? Is she going to be okay for the night?”

Manager On Duty: “No, she was alone. And the bartender said she only had a few glasses of wine, so she can’t be too bad off.”

Me: “But you just said she couldn’t even answer questions properly.”

Manager On Duty: “She’ll be fine. Just tell the morning MOD to write the report.”

(First of all, the morning MOD can’t write a report on something they didn’t witness. Second, I spent all night anxious over this woman, worrying that someone had slipped something in her drink or that she might be concussed and not wake up. I even tried calling her room and sent the security guard up to knock, both without a response, and I’m not allowed to go into a room I know is occupied without permission. Thankfully the woman was just fine the next morning — but I just couldn’t believe the amount of negligence it took to just leave a bleeding, incoherent woman in her room ALONE for an entire night!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!