Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

More Dramatic Than Anything You’d See On That TV

, , , , , , | Working | November 24, 2017

(My uncle, my brother, and I go to buy a TV for my grandmother. We find one and go to pay.)

Uncle: *to the cashier* “Can we split this on two cards?”

(She rolls her eyes and looks at us like we have asked her to do the impossible.)

Cashier: “Yeah, I guess so.”

Uncle: “Great! $250 on this first one, please.”

Cashier: “Okay, swipe the first card.”

(The entire amount of the transaction goes through on the first card.)

Cashier: “WHAT DID YOU DO?!”

Uncle: “I swiped my card, and the entire transaction went through.”

Cashier: “YOU DID SOMETHING! I DID MY PART RIGHT; WHAT DID YOU DO?!”

(At this point we’re already upset because we have done nothing and she is yelling at us.)

Uncle: “I did nothing but swipe my card.”

Brother: “It’s fine; I will pay you back later, [Uncle].”

Uncle: “Can we reverse the transaction and then try paying on the two cards again?”

Cashier: “DID YOU NOT HEAR HIM? JUST TAKE THE D*** TV AND LEAVE! HE WILL PAY YOU BACK LATER!”

(The manager came over and tried to calm her down. We started leaving, and the entire time she was yelling how her SEVEN sons were going to come find and beat us up.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!