Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dragonsaver

| Working | April 6, 2015

(I am attending a home and garden show at the state fairgrounds. The complex is huge and has multiple buildings with multiple events going on, all with different admission fees. I am on my way back to my car when my young daughter informs me she is about to have a bathroom emergency. I take her to the nearest building.)

Security Guard: “Hello! You guys got your tickets?”

Me: “Actually, I don’t. We were just hoping to pop in and use the restroom.”

Guard: “I’m sorry, I’ve been specifically told not to allow that because people sneak in.”

(He then looks down and sees my daughter in visible discomfort.)

Guard: “Um, I just got a call on the radio that there might be a dragon in the building, so I am going to have to look over in this direction for a while. When I turn my back, whatever you do, DON’T open these doors. DO NOT go down this hallway approximately 20 yards, and under no circumstances use the employee restroom because it’s cleaner, and there is no line.”

(He then winks, opens the door, and turns his back. We hurry in and use the potty. On the way out, I see the guard.)

Me: “Thanks so much! Have you tracked down the ‘dragon’?”

Guard: “Funniest thing, turned out to be a light fixture, not a dragon at all, so there’s no danger. Have a great evening, ladies.”

(Mr. Security Guard, if you are reading this, thank you! You are a lifesaver!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!