Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dozed And Disrobed

| Right | December 12, 2014

(I work at a popular women’s clothing and lingerie chain. It’s around five pm on Christmas Eve, shortly before we close. A middle aged man hurries in and has me direct him to our very diminished bathrobe section.)

Customer: “…you only have four bathrobes? I need a medium for my wife and these are all extra small!”

Me: *trying to joke a little* “Yeah, looks like the elves cleaned out all of the robes, I’m sorry about that. Do you think she would like pajamas instead? We have quite a few flannel sets left in medium—”

Customer: “No, she said she wanted a robe! Don’t you have any more in the back?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I’ve checked the back a few times for other customers today, so I know for sure that these are the only few we have left in the store.”

Customer: *raising his voice and throwing his hands in the air now* “I don’t believe this! It’s f****** ridiculous that this is all you have!”

(He storms away from me and out of the store before I can reply. My manager, who had been behind the cash register during this, came over to me, shaking her head.)

Manager: “What’s even more ridiculous is that he waited until CHRISTMAS EVE to go shopping and expected to find the stuff he was looking for…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!