Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Double The Order, Double The Anger, Double The Scam

, , , | Right | December 19, 2018

Me: “Welcome to [Fast Food Restaurant]! How can I help you?”

Customer: “I have ten dollars, and I want a [Hamburger], a large fries, and a small fries.”

Me: “Okay, is there anything else I can get for you?”

Customer: “Hmm, how much is that?”

Me: “That totals up at $8.56.”

Customer: *mutters something under her breath* “What if I ordered [Different Burger]?”

Me: “That’s [different price].”

Customer: *starts to get crabby* “Well, I want the original order.” *promptly changes her mind and I end up confirming her order four times, because she can’t make up her mind*

Me: “All right! Your order number is 253; thank you, and please come again!” *I start taking the next person’s order*

Customer: *receives order and starts screaming bloody murder at me* “I wanted two [Hamburgers]!” *points her finger at me* “You heard me say two [Hamburgers]! I want my other one right now!”

Manager: “I’m so sorry about that. Would you please ring up another for her?”

Customer: “I am not paying for it! He heard me say I wanted two!”

Me: *realizing at this point she was just trying to get a free meal, based on her trying to convince me that I hadn’t re-read her order back four times* “I’m sorry, ma’am, we can have that fixed for you right away.”

Customer: “See if I ever come back here again!” *leaves in a huff*

(The sad part is that this was my last day on the job, and I could have been just like her and gotten rid of all my frustration from that job in one fell swoop. The next three customers all said that they had heard exactly what I did, and they were really nice to me.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!