Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Double Take Required

| Right | March 16, 2014

(I’m rather short, 5’3″, a bit heavy, and have short black hair and dark eyes. My coworker is lean, tall, almost 5’10”, and has red hair and hazel eyes. The only similarity we have is that we both wear glasses. Even on this day I was wear a black uniform top and she was wearing a pink one, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. We just switched off so she can go home.  I hop on the register.)

Customer: *coming up to the checkout* “I couldn’t find it. Are you sure it’s there?”

Me: “Um, what are you looking for?”

Customer: *getting angry* “I already told you! Did you really just forget? Honestly!”

Me: “Ma’am, I just started my shift.”

Customer: “No! I just talked to you! You told me where I could find this!” *thrusts a small plastic bag with a jewelry finding in it*

Me: “Oh! Jewelry findings are the first row of jewelry and go straight back to the wall, ma’am.”

Customer: “That’s not what you said before!”

Me: “Ma’am, I just got here.”

Manager: *coming up since she heard the yelling* “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “This cashier is being rude and is lying to me!”

Me: “Ma’am, I am sorry my coworker has told you the wrong section, but she was the one that helped you. I just started.”

Customer: “Right there! Lying!”

Manager: “Actually, she’s right. She did just clock in.”

Customer: “Oh… well… You two just look so much alike!” *storms off*

Manager: “Who did you relieve?”

Me: “[Coworker].”

Manager: “YOU TWO LOOK NOTHING ALIKE! AND SHE’S IN PINK!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!