Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Heights Of Human Decency

| Working | November 12, 2014

(We have just waited for about 40 minutes in line for a ride when my oldest son has to ‘go potty’ and I could see he can’t wait. Afterward we go to a different ride and the attendant measures my youngest son for the height requirement of 40 inches.)

Employee: “Okay, stand up tall. Now look up… Oh, he barely made it!”

Me: “Good, at the other ride he wouldn’t stand up straight so he didn’t make the height.”

Employee: *now doubting himself* “Well, let me measure him again. They give us these plastic cards to be sure.”

(Sure enough, when he uses the card to flatten my son’s hair, he is just under half an inch too short.)

Me: “Oh, man that stinks! I can’t believe he is so close!”

Employee: “Hmmm, why don’t you folks come over here and talk to me for a minute.”

Me: “Okay…”

Employee: “How are you guys doing today? Having a good time?”

Me: “Oh, it’s great! We’ve been on a bunch of rides, though the last one we had to get out of line after waiting for 40 minutes because my other son had to go to the bathroom.”

Employee: “Have you been to the Toys ride yet?”

Me: “No, but I’ve heard about it. I think we’ll do that next.”

Employee: “Well, here, take this Fast Pass and you won’t have to wait for it.”

Me: “Really? Oh, man, that’s awesome! Thank you so much!”

Employee: “No problem. Enjoy your day.”

Me: “Hold on, can we get a picture with you?”

Employee: “Really?” *clearly surprised and embarrassed*

Me: “Yeah, dude! That was a super cool move!”

Employee: “Oh, man, you are going to make me blush!”

(We took the picture and used the pass later that night when I knew my boys wanted to ride but would not tolerate another long line. It turned out that ride also had the 40 inch restriction, but the employee said he just made it! Thanks, dude, if you’re reading this you made our day!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!